HEART-WARMING AUTUMN DRINK
A heart-warming drink inspired by autumn. Explore new combinations. Create something unique by preparing a cacao drink as a little ritual. It helps us to be present in the moment and prepares our mind for what we want to do next. Setting an intention for a practice, work project or your day in general is a nice way to integrate with cacao. You anchor your vision with every sip.
How to make a raw hot cacao latte?
The perfect serve of your cacao drink is with a frothy layer on top. Traditionally 100% pure cacao is mixed with hot water and spices and served with thick layers of foam. This is easy to make, with the option of many different ingredients, using water or plant-based milk.
• 10 - 25 gr of organic raw cacao paste or powder.
Dosing your cacao: Everybody is different and we have different sensitivities. In general we recommend 10-25gr as a casual dose and 30-42gr for a ceremonial dose.
• 100-150 ml Hot water or plant based milk (unsweetened almond, coconut milk, cashew milk, golden milk) or a mixture of both.
• 1/2 teaspoon of unfitted raw coconut oil
• 1/2 teaspoon of raw organic butter
• Raw honey or stevia (vanilla flavour)
• Optional spices or essential oils: a pinch of cardamom, Chile, cayenne, cinnamon, curcuma, ginger, turmeric, vanilla extract, anise, nutmeg, a pinch of Himalayan saltand all your tasty imagination.
Add all of the hot chocolate ingredients to a medium saucepan and whisk to combine. Warm over medium heat, whisking occasionally. You could also use the blender. Taste and adjust the sweetness if desired. Serve with coconut whip and/or dark chocolate if you like.
To make homemade coconut whipped cream, you’ll need:
- 1 (14 ounce) can full-fat coconut milk*, refrigerated for 24 hours
- 2 tablespoons organic powdered sugar
Open the can of coconut milk and scoop out the top layer of solid coconut cream into the bowl of a stand mixer (you could save the remaining coconut liquid for smoothies!). Mix the coconut cream and powdered sugar on low speed until combined, then crank it up to high speed for 1 more minute until light and fluffy.
* Be sure to stay away from coconut milks with stabilizers and gums because the cream won’t separate from the liquid even when refrigerated.
Adding Power to it!
⬖ Cayenne pepper gives a nice kick and increases the effect of cacao.
⬖ Maca powder gives a smooth, nutty flavour and an energy boost. It is a hormone balancer and can increase your libido ;-).
⬖ Coconut oil makes the taste softer and smoother.
⬖ Combine a cacao drink with herbs, supplements, nootropics or medicinal mushrooms that you are using to support your immune system, such as Reishi - Chaga - Turkey Tail - Lions Mane - Cordyceps. Cacao helps your body to uptake these as a natural carrier and increases your blood circulation.
If pure cacao is a bit too intense for you, add some raw honey, stevia or cane sugar to sweeten it up.
You’ll get the most benefits from cacao by using it regularly and important to feel in what’s right for you. For many it's a nice alternative for coffee.
⤖ Also, drink enough water as cacao is slightly dehydrating to avoid a potential headache. In general, always drink enough water.
Healing with herbs and mother nature foods - How to?